Dear 16 year-old Fancy Nancy (I've had the nickname since 4 years-old),
I'm you well past the age you considered really old and I have a few things that I want you to know:
- 30 is not ancient....33 is even less ancient!
- You won't always be that thin so wear your bikini EVERY. SINGLE. DAY! Stop bashing your thighs because they are going to power you all over the country some day!
- Getting moved to the bottom of the batting order is not the end of the world....some day you are going to play in a much bigger league and you can go back and tell your coach to go pound tar! It is his tough love that is going to make you the leader you need to be!
- Run all you can and all you want. Some day you will have to get a job and you'll have a family and you won't have all the time in the world to run....even though you don't think it's a big deal now!
- Eat something darn it!!! You're metabolism is super fast plus you are playing sports for 4 hours a day....Plus you won't turn 30 and realize how good food really is!
- Be nice to your Mom...she's only trying to make sure you are healthy and happy...she's not torturing you by feeding you meat!
- Don't argue about your team with your Dad....He's right and some day you'll thank him!
- Give your sister some slack....she's way cooler than you want to admit and will be someone you look up to (even though you secretly already do!)
- Some day you'll have a little girl that will copy everything you do...see yourself as a beautiful person so she can copy that too!
- Some day you are going to run a marathon and 15 half marathons....yes you are going to run to just run...no ball involved and guess what....You're going to LOVE it!
- Prom, breakups, friends, school, summer....are all going to strengthen you to be who you are meant to be!
- There will be a day where you wear the same outfit in the same month (the horror I know) and you will not die from it!
- You will wear a skirt while you run....yeah you can be girly and sporty and it's way easier when you get older!
- Hold tight to your friends....In 17 years many will come and go but your locker buddy will always remain!
- Reach for the stars....You'll get there I promise! Life will be different in ways than you had dreamed but I promise that in the end it will be just right!!
Love you....Oh and don't chop all your hair off in college (not a good look!)
33 year-old Fancy Nancy
What would you tell your 16 year-old self???