Wednesday, September 3, 2014

WIAW...Protein Packed

Yesterday was my first day back to school (Em starts next week) and judging by how quickly I fell asleep on the couch last night, I'm going to need to be certain to get food prepped and workouts in early!! 

This summer I worked to get into the habit of making sure each meal I ate, breakfast - snack - lunch - dinner, had a source of protein in it.  Let me say that this wasn't always done well but I am learning more and more ways to get my protein packed into each meal...protein means muscle!  Now the summer means a little more time but who wants to be slaving away in the kitchen when there is fun to be had outside?  Even more now that I am back to work, meals need to be quick but packed with protein and fresh ingredients.  I mean I could just grab a spoon and a jar of peanut butter but....well that can't happen! 

These have been a few meals that I've been loving lately!  I will post more in the next few weeks about my eats too since I am joining Laura again for another 21 day reset!  None of these meals took me less than 30 minutes start to finish....that's my kind of meal!!
Protein packed green monster smoothie and Greek yogurt with protein powder and fruit!
Tuna on cucumbers with banana peppers and zucchini noodles with turkey sausage

How do you pack your meals with protein in a quick, healthy way?

1 comment:

  1. At first when I just saw the photo in your preview my initial thought was "i hope she didn't buy that jar at Kroger" (there was a recall on any almond butters the store carries nationwide) Funny how you go into a post thinking one thing and when you read it, the content is different. I agree, protein can be tricky to always include. I wish I liked tuna (or any seafood) as that would greatly increase my options.

    ReplyDelete