Monday, August 17, 2015

Monday Motivation

Yesterday I slogged out a very humid and sweaty 9 miles.  The temps were pushing 90 and the humidity had rose to meet it which made even this Cape Cod air thick and at times unbearable.  On the run there were so many times that I wanted to stop and walk...give in to the heat and exhaustion...but I pushed on.  It wasn't record time for me but it was a battle won.  It is easy to settle...stay right where you are...not push any further...but that is not where the passion is found.  The passion is found in pushing yourself to reach what you are truly capable of.
Will you push?  What will you do today?

4 comments:

  1. I pushed myself to finish the longest distance for me to date on Saturday - a 15K trail run! I walked and ran but I finished it! All that matters is that you complete what you said you were going to do! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that quote - and what you said. It is so true.. we find our passions when we push our self :)
    -Liz
    www.TheCleanEatingCouple.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes those runs that are the toughest end up being the best for us. Great job on powering through it and getting it done!!!
    Love that quote by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You probably don't want to hear about the cold front we are loving right now :)
    63 for a high yesterday and I have to admit it feels heavenly. I think the 70s today and soon back to hot, but what a nice break!

    ReplyDelete